A Daily Practice—You Can Get There From Here
Realistic Ways to Get Started & Make it Stick…
Everyone knows what we should do but that doesn't mean we do it. A Daily Practice offers a playful approach to move beyond failed resolutions - for a healthy outlook and lifestyle that take root.
It takes a few weeks to form a habit. Start with a practice - one that you can commit to with relative ease. Select something fun and interesting in the area of mind, body or food - deep breathing, a daily walk or adding more fiber to your diet. Try it out, play with it, and see how it feels, put it back when it doesn't work for you. Add new practices as go and you'll notice how they build upon another. Build your practices into your daily routine, so that it's automatic (like brushing your teeth, showering, etc.). Whether you're already a healthy eater or an avid exerciser, you can add in a few breathing techniques or yoga poses to help relax the body and calm the mind.
What's a Daily Practice?
- It's something you do every day-or just about - so that it becomes a habit, requiring minimal thought. Something you just do.
- It's an approachable way to incorporate the practices we offer here for a healthier, more contented life into our natural routines - into a part of who we are.
- A way to combat the infinite amount of excuses and limiting beliefs that keep us from really living fully.
- A way to shift one's perspective from resistance to ease in the areas of eating healthy, exercising and taking responsibility for our own well being.
Why is a Daily Practice Important?
So, What Next?
Begin to explore the Daily Practice Elements:
Daily Mindful Practice
A sample practice could include one or a combination of:
- Breathing exercises
The Mindful Body signature Daily Mindful Practice takes 35-mintues and combines simple stretching, yoga, breathing exercises and meditation. The combination of these elements provides a means of connecting breath, movement and consciousness; and this connection enables a relaxation of the body and a calming of the mind.
Daily Body Practice
A sample practice could include:
- Circuit Training
- Strength Training
The Mindful Body signature Daily Body Practice recommends that you are active at least five days a week while focusing on ensuring that you become mindful of the physical activity you perform.
Daily Food Practice
A sample practice could include elements such as:
- Maintaining a food journal
- Add more Super-foods to you daily diet
- Eat at least 25 grams of fiber per day
The Mindful Body signature Daily Food Practice encourages healthy eating habits and helping you to become mindful of what you are eating and how it affects your daily life.